Marvel x Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept Tourbillon Spider-Man
While François-Henri Bennamias is working out his last year at Audemars Piguet, he continues to produce unusual watches
Audemars Piguet and Marvel Entertainment have been working together for two years now. Their first collab, the Royal Oak Black Panther, sparked fierce controversy among watchmaking fans.
Audemars Piguet took the criticism into account and released a new watch - a limited edition of the Royal Oak Tourbillon Spider-Man. Spider-Man is popular with pop culture fans, and it was calculated that the reaction would be less controversial.
But it's not. What are the comments under the post from Audemars 🙈
And now to the technical details:
- The case of the novelty 42 x 14.6 mm is made of grade 5 titanium
- Signature Royal Oak octagonal bezel and screw-down crown in black ceramic
- Case water resistance - 50 meters
- Caliber 2974, equipped with manual winding, is placed in the dark frame of the case
- The movement is based on caliber 2948, which is used in the Code 11.59 collection.
- Marvel x Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept Tourbillon Spider-Man limited to 250 pieces
- Estimated retail $215600 💸
Another interesting fact, as with the Black Panther model, was an exclusive version of the watch in a white gold case. A watch with a black version of Spider-Man was sold at a special Audemars Piguet auction. An exclusive version of the novelty raised $8.5 million in support of educational programs organized by First Book and Ashoka charities